Saturday, January 25

Necessary Provisions

Hello (: 

On some days when things don't go too well, I repeatedly tell myself that things will get better, and if all else fails, there's always the weekend to look forward to (: 

One thing in my life that hasn't changed for some years now, which I'm quite thankful for, is my usual weekend routine. I absolutely love having all the time to myself so that I can plan what I want to do, without having to plan my time around certain events/ meetings/ meet-ups so I try my very best to keep my weekends free if possible. Of course I will fork out time to meet close friends but because I tend to meet them for lunch/ dinner, my routine doesn't get disrupted too much (: 

Having said that though, I've to ditch my weekend routine sometimes because of work commitment, some friend-ly social commitment or simply because I have to catch up on sleep! This is when things get a bit tricky because my schedule will become a tad wonky. When that happens, I sometimes do not know where to go or what to eat because I'll be caught food-less at a strange time.. so most of the time, I'll just think of where I can pop by to eat and more often than not, I'll just try to go somewhere near because I can only hold my hunger pangs out for that long. 

So on one of those wonky/ strange/ messed-up-schedule days, we decided to go to Necessary Provisions to try out their food because we've heard many good reviews. We went at an odd time yet there were still many people, probably because it's the weekend. Thankfully, we managed to secure our seats without having to wait - guess we were lucky! (: 

Hot Chocolate ($6) - it was surprisingly yummy (: Definitely something to order if you need something to manage your hunger pangs while waiting for your food. 

Tomato Mozzarella Sandwich ($9). I don't really like to have tomatoes with my sandwiches but I guess this was okay (: The bread was very doughy so it was filling. I would say that this sandwich is large for the price paid, but I didn't particularly enjoy the taste. Perhaps I'll try something else in future (: 


Pastrami Sandwich ($9). Matty enjoyed eating this beef sandwich so I'm guessing it can't be too bad (: I think it helped that the bread was lightly toasted? In any case, I think this can be a simple meal if you need a meaty-sandwich fix! (:  

Sticky Cinnamon Cake ($3). It was moist and slightly 'wet' because of the apple. The cinnamon taste is strong and on the whole, it lived up to its name because it was cinnamony and sticky =P Am alright with it but it's not something that I'll rave about. 


On the whole, the meal was satisfying in that it satiated our hunger but I didn't think that the food was fantastic. Perhaps I didn't order the 'right' items on the menu. No matter, we can always drop by again in future to try their 'signature' dishes (:

Alright it's time to sleep. Goodnight! (:

No comments:

Post a Comment