Thursday, November 1

Ramen Santouka

Hello!

It's been a long time since I last blogged and I feel terrible neglecting this space but life's been a tad more eventful than usual and hence this was relegated aside.

Anyhow, it's been raining quite heavily over the past couple of days and the weather makes me feel like going back to Santouka for ramen! (:

I was first introduced to this place by my secondary school friend who confidently claimed that this place serves 'da bomb' char siew ramen! Though I don't eat char siew, I thought it'd be great to drop by to give the famous ramen a try! I've been to Santouka a few times now and I still think that it serves one of the best shio ramen I've ever had in my life!

If the weather's warm, you may want to order a bottle of asahi beer ($7.50) to cool down a little. I don't drink but my lunch companion that day does so he had that! =)

I love corn ($1) and he loves eggs ($1.50 for one egg) so we ordered these two side dishes as add-ons to our main bowls of noodles!

After all these years,the shio ramen ($13.50) still looks and tastes the same. Apart from the thick and tasty broth, what I love about this dish is the springy ramen that goes so well with the slightly salty and milky broth! Would have this any day! (:

If you prefer a stronger tasting soup base, you can opt for the shoyu ramen ($13.50), which has exactly the same ingredients as the shio ramen and is delightful in its own way.

I'd highly recommend Ramen Santouka to all who would like a bowl of good ramen! However the restaurant is small and you'll have to try to beat the lunch/ dinner crowds to get a table by going much earlier or much later if you don't wish to queue in line for a long period of time.

Alright that's all for now! Have a great weekend! (:

No comments:

Post a Comment